Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hello world, it's me

Good morning (or afternoon, middle of the night, wherever you may be) my kitten cats!

Its been a hot minute since I last posted - nearly a year to be exact. I've been meaning and wanting to get back into the grove of blogging so I figured that a little update would bring all of you back to speed on what's been going on in my little corner of the universe.

First of all, I just want to thank everyone who has emailed me in the last several months making sure I was still okay. Y'all are so incredibly thoughtful and thank you for all your concerns and I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to everyone yet. I've been fantastic actually - incredibly blessed to be so busy in this season of life, which is why blogging has been put on the back burner.

But back to the regularly scheduled programming. In the last year I have:

...completed my junior year of college. That's right, one more year (and 12 credits actually) before I graduate with my Bachelor's of Science! The game plan for now is to immediately go to grad school and work towards a Master's of Public Health or Nutrition (maybe both?!?!) so GRE studying is in full swing. Oh standardized testing. I thought I was done with you.


...worked, worked, worked. My friends basically I know that if they want to find me, they should probably look at The Tombs. It's the Georgetown bar that everyone goes to hang out. Ask any alumn and they'll probably have stories of all-too-many late nights there, including this nice guy:


Oh you know - it's a typical Wednesday night hanging out with my good friend Bill.

Fun fact: I've also had the privilege of serving the president of Croatia (she likes her margaritas with Cuervo and her wings with extra ranch) and former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley. It's a pretty cool job.

...competed in my first bodybuilding competition. Bikini division, actually. I ended up placing 2nd in the Open class and 3rd in Novice and totally caught the stage bug. The sparkles, the tan, the makeup, the heels...it's not for everyone but I'm certainly enjoying it. Sidenote: I've been hesitant on sharing my competition prep experiences on this blog because the reality of prep is quite unhealthy, triggering, and you have to go into it with a very stable mind, but if it's something y'all would like me to share I am more than willing to. I'm currently prepping for my next competition in the fall and absolutely can't wait to see what changes I've been able to make.

A photo posted by Xinwei (@xinweizeng) on

...spent more time on the beach than in the last five years combined. Actually, it was only two beach trips, but they have been the first times I've laid out in a bikini since before my eating disorder. But then again, prance on stage with a true "its-bitsy-teeny-weeny" but not yellow polka dotted bikini, so I guess it's only natural. And yes, I did strike a few #bikinigirl poses.


A photo posted by Xinwei (@xinweizeng) on

...ran my first 5K. The So Other's May Eat Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot to be exact, with my favorite people #teamtombsforlyfe. I don't foresee a future as a runner though.

A photo posted by The Tombs (@thetombs) on

Fun fact, I was standing in line waiting to use the bathroom when they took this pic...and they warned me too. Bladder fail.

I guess that's all the updates for now. It's been a whirlwind of a year.

No questions today, just tell me what you've been up to!